Spit upon & Cast Out

¿Qué lo qué fam?

¿Quo hay de nuevo? I’m sitting here writing this letter, trying to remember what even happened this week. Not that nothing at all happened but just the fact I can’t remember anything the past 3 days…Might be that I knew in the back of my head that the fam was shredding some butter up in Colter Bay while I was trying to talk to more French-African peeps here in Loo, or just because I have major short-term memory loss. But either way I look at it, we had another solid hard working week! Sadly, didn’t quite see the fruits of our labors this week, but they’ll be plentiful next week! 

First, I’ll chat a little bit about our boys Noble and Joseph. Two different people being taught, not together, but both with the same problem. They are both just studs though. Everytime we go over to see Joseph he says, “Hello my friend missionaries!” and is just the nicest guy ever. Noble and Joseph were already being taught before I got here and of course the one hold up is getting baptized again. They are just so close but are just so clueless (in the nicest way possible) on how to receive and recognize an answer from the Spirit. The most frustrating part is that they have already received a witness that these things are true. Both are always saying, “I know the Book of Mormon is true. Smith was a Prophet of God” etc. An obvious witness from the Spirit. So this week we focused all on that. As we talked to them, read scriptures with them, and studied about the Spirit, I learned so much. There’s a scripture in Moroni that says, “The Spirit of Christ is given to all men” meaning each one of us has the ability to receive and recognize answers and promptings from the Spirit. And it’s our job, just like we’re helping Noble and Joseph do, to act according to the Spirit. 

Squaddd
This weekend we got to head down to Des Moines for exchanges with the AP’s…meaning back to my stomping grounds in the South Side! It was so fun to go back down and see some familiar parts and places. In between lessons, we were knocking for a bit and some kids were kind of following us around. Being the fun and cool kid I am, I stuck my hand out to fist bump the kids and try to play with them, they were like 6 years old. That’s when one of them, a chubby little Hispanic boy, straight up just spit on me. I was so shocked that I was just trying to laugh it off and go with the flow, when this punk spit on me again…this is all going down the same time Elder Wood was talking with a homie and me just trying to keep the kids away. The kid winded up for a third time to spit, missed that time, and by that point I was done. I turned away, not trying to be homies, and just went back to business. Well the group of these 6 year olds didn’t like that so they started yelling and hitting us with their Nerf guns (they were packing mad heat…the real OG’s). So at that point we both were done and just decided to bounce. They sent us on our way with some kind words and giving us the bird. After that experience, I can now say that I have actually been “spit upon and cast out” by a bunch of 6 year olds. But loving it no matter what! 

Everyone better have given my angel of a mother all the love and attention she deserves on her birthday this past Thursday! 

Love you all!

Elder Christensen  
Squaddddd
My little Marshallese homie, Paul 
When some random homie gives you chips and salsa!

Comments

Popular Posts