HUMP DAY

HUMP DAYYYY!

Fam & Friends,
Burnin' that shirt!


CAN I GET A “HUMP DAY”?!?! One year down in the mission field and boy oh boy has it been the best year. No lie, it has been nothing at all what I had expected but I wouldn’t change it for anything else. I was sitting in bed on Wednesday night just thinking about everything that has gone down, all the ups and downs, lessons learned, and the growth from this past year and had no idea where to start. Then I realized that it would take a whole other year to figure it all out so I just went to bed. Ha ha! All in all, the shirt is burned and round 2 has begun!


Right now I have a love/hate relationship with college football. Love because GO FREAKING UTES! But hate because Tyson Chicken & Pork Processing Plant combined with football tailgating kept my man Jospeh at work until 5:30 am, so no church for him this week. The high demand for chicken and pork for football has him working a ton but he is still such a stud and the coolest guy ever. I was looking forward to taking a picture with him so you could see how fresh the man is. But he might be the most sincere and humble man I’ve met. And pretty innocent with his English. But loves to learn, loves this Gospel, and loves “his brothers” as he calls us. Things are looking up for him and he continues to progress. Just please don’t buy Tyson products so my man can catch break!

On Thursday we had a cool little experience. The day was coming to an end and we had a 45 minute gap with nothing planned. We could of easily stayed in and used that time to prepare for an upcoming zone conference (another one....) but we felt the necessity to get out. We pulled up to this place, got out, and started walking. We turned the corner and this homie was playing basketball, the rest of the street, no one. It was a clear sign to bypass everything and walk straight up to this man. His named ended up being Jaron and he told us after talking for a bit, “I waited for you guys to come and bring me this message.” Pretty cool guy and of course we balled out after that. But think about if we would of stayed in a for that small gap of time. Never would of brought the message of the Restored Gospel to Jarom. Pres. Monson said, “never postpone following a prompting” If we do, we I have no idea the consequences. 

It has been a really solid week. The ward has been getting more and more excited to do missionary work and opportunities are coming up left and right. It is starting to pick up and there is nothing better than that!

2 Corinthians 5:7 A perfect scripture to go along with the Face to Face with Elder Cook. If you didn’t watch it, take the hour and watch it!

Mucho love,
Elder Christensen
FORE!

Celebrating one year the best way possible

My lil' bros

Comments

Popular Posts