Hard is Good, Still

Carla's Baptism


Fam & Friends,

Happy Mother's Day!! I'm grateful for all the amazing women in my life who have helped me to get to this point. The number of them is countless but they know who they are. They have constantly influenced me for the better. You are all near and dear to my heart. I'm eternally grateful for my mama. She is the GOAT. Anyone that can put up with Jayne and Kate while I'm gone deserve an extra special day!

While on the topic of amazing women, I should talk about Carla. Carla was baptized yesterday!! Oh what a special day! The Spirit was so strong and she was just beaming the entire time. She didn't show up until like 5 minutes before so for a hot sec we were kind of stressing but when she got to the church she was already in her whites ready to go! It was hilarious. She was meaning business! Her Son-in-law, Nick, baptized her and that was so cool. Nick was only baptized 10 months ago, and to see since then, their family being blessed by the Gospel has been a real treat. A huge blessing for me to have a front row seat watching it go down. Since Day 1 meeting Carla, you could just tell that the Lord had been preparing her. Everything just happening to fall into place at just the right time, you'd be crazy to think of it just as a coincidence. No such thing as coincidences in life and I know that to be totally true. Look at your "coincidences" and adjust your perspective and you will see the Lord's hand at work.

The week was one of those grind weeks. Always nice to have one of those every now and then. Always nice to just get home and the second your head hits that pillow you just crash. Best feeling ever! With things that have gone down the past week or two, it's left us to rebuild and solidify our teaching pool more. Sadly, Adriana and Bianca weren't able to make it but we were able to stop by them after church to get them going again and show some love. They've been reading in the BoM and Adriana (the mama) said that she has lots of questions for us so we are stoked. Besides them though, we are starting pretty fresh. So Clark and I hit that pavement, had a couple exchanges with the homies, and got to work! Had a killer exchange with my man Elder Ostergaard who Elder Thomas trained when I trained Richardson and DP. It was super cool how much that those guys have grown since then. Feels like it hasn't been that long but it's been over a year! Crazy. Then also went on another solid exchange with Elder Stoddard, another total stud. We got yelled at and threatened by a day drunk Iowan named Jeff so you already know the exchange was a success.

Loving the mish. Love you all!

HARD IS GOOD, STILL.

Elder Christensen
Barning Family:
Elizabeth with her mom, Carla. Maddy, in the middle, and Nick on the left



Exchanges

Quick break at QuikTrip

Hampton has my Heart
Elder Christensen and Elder Straight sending love on Mother's Day!

Comments

Popular Posts