Count your Blessings & Take note!




Hola!

Another week down here at the CCM. Crazy to think that on Tuesday will be my month mark... it does not feel like I've woken up at 6:30am that many times. Guess that's probably a good thing! I make it a goal that I'm always the first one up and out of bed so I can get the hot water and usually I'm so tired, half asleep, and trying to beat my roomies to the shower that I always just nail my head on the bunk bed above me. But anyways...

First one up gets the hot shower and the sunrise!
Had a miracle down here in Mexico City. For two days in a row they served American food for both lunch and dinner. Bacon cheeseburgers one day for lunch with curly fries. Then that night had wings with a nice DP. The next night just to top it off, had the usual pizza. Man, do I miss American food!

The other day Broadhead and I ran into President Bennett just walking around and had a nice convo with him. Somehow the conversation switched to how many missionaries that are here at the CCM with us have come from literally nothing. Some of these natives come from the poorest parts of Mexico, Peru, and Bolivia and think that the CCM is like a resort. All you can eat food, water in every hallway, a room with an actual bed, all of this according to Pres. Bennett. But it made me realize how lucky I really am to have so many blessings in my life that I have taken advantage of and also such a rock solid support group back home with the fam and all of you guys. We took it as an oppourtunity to serve. We all know what Mosiah 2:17 says, "If ye are in the service of your fellow being, ye are only in the service of your God." We asked Pres. Bennett if we could drop some stuff off to them, some of our many extra drinks and snacks we have laying around our house, and he said that would be awesome. We put some little packages together and went and dropped them off on the porches of their houses the next day. Walking back, the happiness and excitement we heard as they found the packages with their names on it was something really cool. Looking forward to having other opportunties to do that, Broadhead and I have asked our families to send more stuff so we can continue.  COUNT YOUR MANY BLESSINGS, EVERYDAY!

Really excited for General Conference! Not just because it means I get to sit in a nice comfy chair all day long but because we get to listen to the words of God from the leaders of our Church. Hope you guys are as excited as I am! Just this week I feel I have experienced a lot of growth. We were listening to a talk given my Elder Bednar about his way of following and taking notes during conference. Obviously, not the only way to do, but when an Apostle does it  you better believe you'll be getting a lot out of it. He said he listens and looks for 3 things in the talks: 
1. What doctrine is being taught. 
2. What invitations are being extended to us. 
3. What blessings are being promised if we follow these invitations. 
This week I made a goal for myself to read at least one talk from the last General Conference in the Ensign and to follow these steps. It was crazy how much I learned and how it directly applies to whatever I'm facing that day. It has become one of my favorite things to do and I plan to continue it. Try it out!
One last thing to leave you guys with. Elder Bednar also said and clarified that the talks given by the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve in conference are not assigned topics, they decide what to talk about. As you listen this weekend, keep in mind how they always come full circle and relate to each other in some way or another. And with that, how they always seem to be directed towards you personally! Heavenly Father knows what his children need and uses His prophets and apostles to communicate it.

Love you all.
Just Chillin'

deficil es bien

Elder Christensen
Casa Roomies



The new missionary purpose, 1) El Libro de Mormon 2) Dr. Pepper

Comments

Popular Posts