Naps & earthquakes don't mix

District 11B

Hello Family and Friends!

Another week down here at the CCM! As my Aunt Shelly just told me in a letter a day ago, Time flies when you're exhausted! And that couldn't be more true. It's crazy to think that I'm almost half way through the CCM experience. Spanish is still slowly progressing, it always has its ups and downs but through all of it I know that THE GIFT OF TONGUES IS TRUE! May take me a couple weeks, may take me an entire year to get the language down but I do know that the language will come so just need to stay patient!

Pretty crazy week overall here. Tuesday afternoon, as most of you probably already know, Mexico City got hit with another huge earthquake. The epicenter was just south of downtown Mexico City and came in at an 8.1. The CCM got hit with a 7.4. Everyone in the CCM was safe. Some of the buildings had a little damage but everything is all good. It so happened that the day of the earthquake our district was doing a fast and during lunch is when the earthquake hit. Broadhead and I had an hour to spare because we weren't trying to get tempted to eat during lunch so we went back to our casa to take a nap. We crashed but woke up 30 minutes later to our entire room shaking. Broadhead thought I was having a seizure and I was like half asleep so I had no idea what was going on. Just thought all of it was a dream..haha. It so happened that 2 hours before the earthquake hit, the entire CCM did an earthquake drill. Thinking about it, it's crazy how the Lord protects His missionaries and always keeps them prepared.

P-day with Elder Harrison
Elder Quentin L. Cook of the 12 spoke during our devotional on Tuesday. It was a worldwide broadcast so I was trying again to see my guys in Provo but still no luck. It was an awesome talk. Spent a lot of it talking about what we all will be experiencing in a short 4 weeks once we get out in the actual field. Fun fact, Elder Cook and Elder Holland were companions in the mission field. Talk about a dynamic duo!

Elder Broadhead and I had a pretty solid week as a companionship that will transfer over to the rest of our time here. We were just called to be Zone Leaders of our District. Really excited for this next challenge and to serve everyone in our district. We also got called to speak in sacrament meeting on Sunday... all in Spanish, so wish us luck.

Took a couple L's (losses) this week as well... Sunday we had this INSANE rain storm, it was the most crazy rain storm I've ever seen. Rain literally going sideways, all the roads and sidewalks were flooded in less that 5 mintues, So much water. Anyways, long story short. We accidently left all the windows open in our class room and it happened that I left my scriptures out on the table. Came back to the entire room in a puddle of water and my scriptures soaked. L! Also got super sick on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning...L pt 2! Got a solid 2 hours of sleep so it was a rough day. Feeling better though and very grateful for Broadhead and my other roomies for giving me a blessing. 

This week I became even more grateful for a stateside mission. I am so ready for a nice, juicy burger from Five Guys once I get to Iowa. I hold that over everyone in my district because almost all of them are staying here in Mexico lol

Huge s/o to Matt on the mission call!! Love this guy! VAMOS CHILE!!! Chile was lucky to get one Barker and for Chile to get another one is special! 

Thought and challenge of the week. Skim over and read 2 Nephi 31-33. Past 3 days these chapters have become some of my favs. Literally everywhere you read is something amazing.

Love you all so much. Wish I could respond to everyone and email everyone but know that I love you all. GO UTES!!

Dificil es bien.

Elder Christensen
Casa Crew
Zone Leaders in 'the zone'
Saving the soaked Scriptures

Comments

Popular Posts