Los Guapos

Los Guapos
¡¿Que lo que?!

This week was for real a blur. First, I have no idea where the month of October went, so now mentally preparing myself for a bone chilling winter. But second, my Utes are #16, Jazz are just balling, and most importantly, a lot of good Jesus stuff happened this week…so I’m living the life to say the least. Transfers again are coming up quick, I’m not sure if I’ll be lucky enough to stay for a 4thtransfer in the Loo, so I’m trying to go out with a bang! Quick update on some of the homies: Pierre had foot surgery the past week so he was down and out the whole week. He was pretty loopy and out of it when we stopped by a day or so after the surgery so that was funny. We had a nice convo to say the least. The “golden” family we found last week is turning out to be tricky. Their two boys definitely have some issues so meeting with them really went nowhere. We are going to meet with the parents though, one on one, so that should be better. Trust the process.

We had the dreaded Word of Wisdom lesson with Katrina a couple days back. Leading up to this has been very nerve racking and frustrating due to all the things that have stopped us from teaching this to her 2 ½ weeks ago. So it was a huge sigh of relief to get it out on the table finally knowing she will have issues. We sit down with her, give her the whole rundown and open it to her to share what she is thinking. Her response: “I know I can quit tabacco and coffee, but I’ll do it when I want to.” Keep in mind that this was after we told her it is a commandment from the Lord, etc, etc. So we broke it down for her even further, repeated and reemphasized some things just hoping the light switch would flip on in her head to feel some sense of urgency. Well, what after seemed to be the 3 of us just blabbing away, the Spirit did what the Spirit does best. In this case, shaking and pounding on Katrina’s head to listen and commit. And she say, “ You know what, I want this, I want to be baptized. I’ll quit by Tuesday.” She had no concerns after that and things just came together and made total sense she told us. 
Spirit = GOAT™

Another cool experience was seeing one of homies named Gandi at church on Sunday. Gandi is from Togo and is actually Muslim. We see him all the time because he lives right next door to one our other homies. But this whole experience was a nice reminder for me. Every time we talk to him, it’s nothing Gospel related. We throw in some stuff about God and see what he thinks about Jesus (I’ve come to the conclusion that he doesn’t even know why he’s Muslim but that’s beside the point). And so even with that and his little to no knowledge of the restored Gospel, when we ran into him Sunday morning Scoresby asks him if he wanted to come check our church out and he said yes! And he loved it! Now, I mean, we have no clue and don’t expect this to go anywhere, but it’s as simple and easy as that. We don’t need to have this crazy deep doctrinal conversation to invite people to feel of God’s love for them. The rest will come. Just do it.™

Love you all! Difícil es bueno!

Elder Christensen

P.S. the 4 of us taking that W at the ward Halloween party. Ya tu Sabes!

Weekly pic with Paul...what a stud!
Thuggin' with Joe

Comments

Popular Posts