One more Mountain

ballin' the fools out here!

Fam & Friends!

First off, a big s/o to the CR Squad!! Another year in the books for the S2S and man did I miss it! I can sense the Strava overload from Matt and the BroVan all the way out here…it was fun to see the pics from the finish line of everyone in that blue and yellow. I was repping my CR shirt on Saturday morning playing ball with the Elders Quorum. I was just happening to try to defeat my own ‘King of the Mountain’…the ‘mountain’ referring to the 6’10”homie that was there playing with us. But nonetheless, I was there with everyone in spirit. Onto the next!

Another week has come and gone here in Waterloo. It was full of exchanges, teaching and preparing for our upcoming training in Zone Conference, and of course knocking into some more Africans. After this week, one thing I have decided I’m going to do is to try to get the basics of French down by using the similarities from Spanish to my advantage. Can someone say, trilingual? Haha jk But I’ll keep you all posted on that progress. I just need something to communicate with these people a little without having to use Google translate the whole time. Should be a fun adventure and one where I might need some tips and advice from my boy McDougal.

Two quick experiences that I want to share from this week. Both actually happened on exchanges with some other Elders in the Zone. First, was when we ran into our man James. Just a stud, that if the moments before didn’t line up perfectly we would’ve missed him. You are always hearing about experiences like this. I’ve shared them before, along with others, but every time it’s just such a testimony builder that God is always watching over us and we are just instruments in His hands. But anyways, James is awesome. One thing led to another and everything was clicking for him that we shared. He’s a super smart and knowledge seeking 16 year-old. He has a lot of potential but all we need to happen is for school to start so James isn’t off doing normal teenage things that happen in the summer.

The other experience is one we had knocking. I mentioned the melting pot of Waterloo before but this was just a crazy experience. Later the same day, we had about 1 ½ hours to go contacting. We headed to a building and started. During that time we only knocked a total of 9 doors, 6 of them opened up to us. Out of those 6, every person was from a different part of the world. We shared a message with a man from Vietnam, a couple from Bosnia, Marshall Islands, another homie from DRC and one from Mexico and then of course there was the usual grumpy American. Just a normal day in Waterloo. Gotta love it!

Quick scripture to ponder this week, Joshua 14:11-12 Give us one more mountain to climb! Deficil es bueno

Love from the Loo,

Elder Christensen

p.s. found another grill…this time behind the church dumpster (totally clean, don’t worry) But you already know we grilled out with the Zone after interviews.


Marshallese Gang

my man, Prince Loeak

the way we roll.

Comments

Popular Posts